Coolblue, located in Rotterdam, is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the Benelux, with a growing presence in Germany.

In 2022, Coolblue further expanded its activities in Germany and its energy services under its own energy label “Coolblue Energy”, an integrated offering of renewable gas and energy contracts with solar panel and electrical vehicle charging station installations and electrical vehicle charging passes.

After acquiring 20% of the shares in Coolblue in 2016, in 2017 HAL increased its interest in Coolblue to 30% and in 2019 to its current shareholding of 49%. The remaining 51% are held by founder and CEO Pieter Zwart and by management.

Headquarters: Rotterdam, NL

Employees (fte) 6,114

Sales € 2.349 mln

EBITDA € 44 mln

Investment since 2016

Shareholding 49%